We're Going to be Friends
TMB017 ISBN 9780996401692
Street Date: 11/07/2017
"Possibly the greatest-ever song about childhood BFFs.” — Entertainment Weekly
AVAILABLE FOR PRE-SALE"We're Going to be Friends" is one of The White Stripes most enduring and loved songs. With the help of illustrator Elinor Blake (aka April March), the perennial favorite feels right at home on the page as a children's book. Coming this November, children, adults, and you, too, can join Suzy Lee as she goes to school with her books and pens, looks for bugs, shows and tells, and finds a friend.
• WE’RE GOING TO BE FRIENDS, a new children’s book based on song lyrics from one of the most loved and recognizable songs by THE WHITE STRIPES.
• WE’RE GOING TO BE FRIENDS is the first book by twelve-time Grammy winning musician, actor, and producer JACK WHITE.
• Illustrator ELINOR BLAKE was an animator for The Ren and Stimpy Show, Pee-wee’s Playhouse & more. As a musician, she is known as singer APRIL MARCH, who’s song "Chick Habit" was featured in Quentin Tarantino’s movie Death Proof.
• The original White Stripes song along with new versions by April March and also The Woodstation Elementary School Singers will be included via download with the book.
• WE'RE GOING TO BE FRIENDS will be released on November 7, 2017, just a few months after THE WHITE STRIPES 20th anniversary as a band (July 14, 2017).
"In my favorite picture books text and art feel like they were conceived as one. This book has that quality. The text is the lyrics from the wonderful, now classic song "We're Going To Be Friends" by Jack White. In place of sound and music we have Elinor Blake's pictures. These images surprise and delight and have a genuine and rare timelessness, I can easily visualize this charming creation sitting snug between books by Robert McCloskey and Garth Williams on any bookshelf both past and present." — Tony Fucile, Animator, Finding Nemo, The Lion King
"I am a big fan of classic children’s book illustrations and an even bigger fan of Elinor Blake. I’m also a huge fan of pure Rock and Roll so naturally I’m a dedicated Jack White fan. Jack has written a perfect story and Elinor’s art is enchanting. It harkens back to 1940s Golden Books. Read it while listening to either Jack or Elinor sing the story. It’s a sonic/optic treat.” — John Kricfalusi, The Ren and Stimpy Show — John Kricfalusi, The Ren & Stimpy Show
"It’s back to school! Walk with Suzy Lee and her new friend. In hues of red, black and white with nods to classic animation and mid-century picture books, Elinor Blake creates an enchanted vision for Jack White’s gentle story of new friendship.”—Nina Crews, The Neighborhood Mother Goose